Using Outlook 97
This document covers the setup and basic use of the Outlook 97 software.
Outlook 98 is a suite of applications used from one interface, but we will only
be covering the Email information.
Configuring Outlook 97
- Click on the "Tools" menu and select "Services".
- In the "Services" tab, if you do not see the "Internet Mail" service
installed, you will have to install it. If you do see it, select the
item and click on the "Properties" button.
- If the "Internet Mail" service is not installed, click on the "Add"
- In the new window, select "Internet Email" and click on the "OK"
- For the "Full name", enter your full name. NOTE: You can use
whatever you want here and you can use both upper and lower case
- For the "Email address", enter: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Substitute your IwayNet user name appropriately.
- For the "Internet Mail server", enter: mail.iwaynet.net
- For the "Account name", enter your IwayNet user name.
- For the "Password", enter your password only if you want the
program to save it. This allows you to check your Email without the
need of typing in your password at the beginning of every session.
- Next, click on the "Advanced Options" button.
- For the "Forward all outbound mail..." field, enter:
- Click on the "OK" button to return to the "Internet Mail" window.
- Click on the "Connection" tab.
- Select the option "Connect using the network".
- Click on the "OK" button to finish the configuration.
- Click on the "OK" button in the "Services" window to return to the main
Outlook 97 screen.
Checking Your Email
- Click on the "Tools" menu and select "Send and Receive".
- If you did not enter your password during the setup process, a
window will appear prompting you for it. Enter your password and click
on the "OK" button.
- When you receive a new Email message, it will show up in your "In" box
with a brief excerpt of the message.
- To read the Email simply double-click on the message and it will be
displayed in a new window.
- Click on the "Actions" menu and select "New Mail Message".
- Fill in the To field with the recipient's Email address.
- Fill in the Subject field with the topic of the Email message.
- Fill in the body of the Email with your message.
- When you are finished typing your message, click on the "Send" button to
deliver the Email.
781 Resolution, LLC -- Copyright © 2007 — 2018