Using Netscape Mail
This document covers the setup and basic use of the Netscape Mail software.
Netscape Mail is an easy-to-use add-on to the Netscape Web Browser so you can
surf the web and send/receive Email at the same time!
Configuring Netscape Mail
- Click on the "Options" menu and select "Mail and News Preferences".
- Click on the "Servers" tab.
- For the "Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server" field, enter:
- For the "Incoming Mail (POP3) Server" field, enter:
- For the "POP3 User Name" field, enter your IwayNet user name.
- Next click on the "Identity" tab.
- For the "Your Name" field, enter your name. NOTE: You can use
whatever you want here and you can use both upper and lower case
- For the "Your Email" field, enter: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Substitute your IwayNet user name appropriately.
- Click on the "OK" button.
Checking Your Email
- Click on the "Window" menu and select "Netscape Mail" or click
on which appears in the bottom-right corner of the
- Click on the "File" menu and select "Get New Mail" or click on
the "Get Mail" button.
- A password window will appear. Enter your password and click on the "OK"
- When you receive a new Email message, it will show up in your "In" box.
To read the Email simply select the message and it will be displayed
below for easy reading.
- Click on the "File" menu and select "New Mail Message" or click on
the "To:Mail" button.
- Fill in the Mail To field with the recipient's Email address.
- Fill in the Subject field with the topic of the Email message.
- Fill in the body of the Email with your message.
- When you are finished typing your message, click on the "Send" button to
deliver the Email.
781 Resolution, LLC -- Copyright © 2007 — 2018